Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

With Guts, Come Glory !



My lecturer assigned me with a task in a group of four. I know I’ll be working with A, B, and C. Thou I heard much about them, I have no right to judge them.

We are working together. Submission date is just around the corner but progression of work is too poor. I took a sheet of paper and started to make a list of works. I didn’t keep the list alone but I shared it with them. In a chat group inbox, I leave a message goes,  

‘Send your written part before 10pm tomorrow. Either earlier or don’t send it at all’. 

Before 10pm, I received all the parts. 

Straightly after reached my house, I locked my door room. Opened the laptop. Started working on our final draft. It seems like one hour isn’t enough. I recheck the grammar, format, language tone and our presentation slides. Stomach ache. There still much to do. I haven’t got my dinner. It’s already 12am now. My God. I make Dillys waiting for me! 

I’ve tried my best to finish everything fast. Be cool Efa. 1 am, I send our final draft to Dillys and asked for apologize. Dillys forgive me. She said, ‘its okay kak’. With a smiley emoticon. 
I relief. My stomach ache again. I haven't touched my dinner. But then I remember, another presentation for tomorrow!

4am. I still transferring the information into the slides. I touched my stomach. It's in terrible pain. I cried. I want food but it's too late for dinner. I’m too sleepy and I could not make it. Realized that my body now is too weak, in second, I kept all the stuffs, said ‘sorry’ to my body and prepared for bed. I made a promise to myself,

‘Dear body, I give you four hours, wake up at 7am and continue our works’. 

And everything go as planned.
Next morning, we did the best for our presentation. The Q and A session turns into something interesting and challenging, but we managed to handle it. Carry marks was released. Everyone was happy with the marks we had received. I smile. To remember what happened to me last night:

Regret? No. 
Proud? A bit. 
Satisfy? Yes. The fullest. 

After class – one cup of vanilla, chocolate and mint ice-cream served as a self reward. 
 
'No guts, no glory'

No comments:

Post a Comment