Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Reward for Uncertain Thought


Last month, my dad bought two couples of Syrian hamsters as a gift for his daughter. 
He knew I love pets. So, after some period of time, 
I realised that both females had become more aggressive, 
grew bigger in size and when I was helping them for bathing, 
I speak to my mom,

       “Ma, I think they were pregnant.”

At that moment, I’m not sure whether my thought about this is true or not since this is my first time handling hamsters. Acting upon my feeling, I decided to put an extra care for them – comfy shelter, healthy foods and to avoid any unexpected possibility, I took out the exercise wheel from their cage.   

God bless me. Reward for this uncertain thought, now I have sixteen newborn babies hamsters! 

Eight from Mary Beth and the rest from Becky.


Day 1
Mary Beth’s babies

All are in black except one – pinky brown in colour. 
I felt a bit weird and keep talking to this one,

     “Why you look different from others?”



On day 21, they had opened their eyes, able to eat grain foods, 
sip water from the bottle and dare to bite my fingers! Ish..ish..ish..

So this morning, I had prepared a special bathtub for my babies and 
let them swam in the water. I realised my baby - the one with pinky brown colour: it has pink-red eyes..and I was worried.

Come to my newest thought – do I have an albino hamster? Is it able to see?

So, I did some research and read few articles regarding this situation. 


In Syrian Hamster history, it is common to face mutation during pregnancy which causes their offspring to have white or golden fur all over their body with pink-red eyes.        


It is nothing to worry even if it has red eyes because pet’s sight is not affected by the fact that it has red eyes. It is albino if it eyes coloured in red or amber colour.


Thus, I concluded that yes, my baby is an albino hamster. I shouldn't worry about this as long as it being active, healthy and able to find food and water by itself. 

Bella is waiting for Mary Beth giving birth
And, I really entertained by their actions. Each and everyday.

God knows how much I love them. (^_^)



No comments:

Post a Comment